Please Read the Following
MARGARITA MACHINE OPERATIONS
OFFICE NUMBER (803) 412-7357
Each machine must have its own 110 volt 15 amp power supply - typical household plug in, but with no
other appliances sharing the receptacle (see troubleshooting). Absolutely No Extension Cords Unless
PAGE 2 HAS THE MACHINES SPECIFICS ON CAPACITIES AND SIZES
OPERATIONS: Please start the machine 1-2 hours prior to the party to ensure proper operation
- Plug machine into dedicated 110v 20 amp circuit.
- Mix the frozen drink mix - per the recipe sheet. Pour the drink concentrate into the large mixing
jug (bottle), add the appropriate amount of alcohol if applicable and then water. The water should always
go in last for any mix. In most cases you will HALF the recipe on the recipe sheet (the supplied mixing
jugs are for 2.5 gallons of mix for recipe that makes 4 or 5 gallons of finished drink). You must premix
your drinks in the jug provided. Mixing the drinks in the machine does not work.
- Carefully pour the mix into the machine allowing the mix to flow into the drink chamber, also fill the
top compartment with mix. This will require mixing another batch of drink mix. It is advised that the jugs
of concentrate be kept cool, as the colder the mix is when it goes into the machines, the faster the mix
- On the side or front (depending on the model) of the machine are two switches, turn both switches to
the freeze setting, or snowflakes (depending on the model). The compressor will come on in approximately
- CAUTION - WARNING - Do not stick any fingers or objects in the product fill hole located in the top
chamber of the machine. The Beater bars will not stop and any object placed in the product hole will be LOST!
If product becomes frozen and will not flow into the drink chamber - TURN THE MACHINE OFF and using a spoon,
stir the top compartment with the frozen mix in it until product flows into the drink chamber.
- It will take anywhere from 35 to 55 minutes for the mix to freeze. Dispensing drinks before they are
adequately frozen only prolongs the freezing process.
- The machines are preset and generally should not require an adjustment. Please note that any adjustment
to the machine will take approximately 20 to 30 minutes for you to notice a change, please be patient.
IF adjustment needs to be made on the machine for product thickness the following will apply:
Parrot Ice Machine:
A small set screw is located above the on/off switches. Turn the screw clockwise for a thicker mix or
counter-clockwise for a thinner mix. This screw should be turned no more than 1/4 of a turn at a time
to make adjustments.
The set screw is located on the back left hand side, near the top (when facing the machine from the front).
Turn the screw clockwise for a thicker mix or counter-clockwise for a thinner mix. This screw should be
turned 3 full turns at a time to make adjustments.
At the end of the evening turn the machine off. The next morning or at the end of the party, empty the machine
into your glasses or cups. Pour cold water in the top of the machine and rinse the top cylinder and freezing
- If the first drink out of the machine is slow or seems too frozen, pull out the plunger and release - do
this a few times and then cycle a few drinks from the cup dispenser back into the top of the machine, (fill
your cup and then dump into the top compartment - 2 to 3 times). If this continues, you may need to make an
adjustment using the thicker/thinner set screw mentioned above.
- If the machine is turned off for any reason, please wait 3 minutes before turning the machine on again.
The compressor needs a chance to balance its load.
- Always watch the product mix in the hopper, keep this full until you are out of product mix. At the end
of your party, or once the mix gets to the floater level (the round white thing in the hopper) turn the machine
off. It is best to dispense the last gallon (Parrot Ice) or 1-3 gallons (Sorberteer) into pitchers, otherwise
your drinks will have air whipped into them and the quality of the drink is not at its best. Leftover mix can
be frozen and scooped out of containers at a later time.
- If the compressor does not come on and stay on or the mix does not freeze in 30 to 45 minutes: Turn the
machine off and move the machine to a different plug. The machine is not getting enough power. Please call
us if this problem continues.
- THESE MACHINES ARE COMMERCIAL FROZEN DRINK MACHINES RANGING IN PRICE FROM $3000 TO $5500. THEY MUST BE
HANDLED PER SPECIFICATIONS. IF SOMETHING DOES NOT SEEM RIGHT, CALL US AT 803-412-7357.
- Remember, before you move the machine, dispense some of the product so that the hopper is not full or you
will have a sticky mess.
SORBERTEER Machine: This machine weighs approximately 200 pounds and the dimensions are as follows - height
24 inches, deep 32 inches. This machine needs a standard 110 volt 15 amp electrical circuit. The capacity
of the machine is 6 gallons (3 gallon freezing cylinder and a 3 gallon reservoir). It will take approximately
50 minutes for the machine to freeze the mix. The water cooled machines need access to a hose connection.
This size machine is ideal for large parties. This machine can produce approximately 120 drinks per hour.
PARROT ICE MACHINE: This machine weighs approximately 100 pounds and the dimensions are as follows - height 20
inches, deep 19 inches. This machine needs a standard 110 volt 15 amp electrical circuit. The capacity of the
machine is 3 gallons (1 gallon freezing cylinder and a 2 gallon reservoir). It will take approximately 30
minutes for the machine to freeze the mix. This size machine is ideal for party of 50 margarita drinkers.
This machine can produce approximately 60 drinks per hour.
|Carolina Party Rental Inc.